3RE Investment serves as the sponsor and general partner for the acquisition of value-add and opportunistic real estate investments.
The 3RE team has a proven track record of identifying excellent risk-adjusted investments for its stable of institutional clients while partnering with best-in-class property management to execute the business plan. From initial underwriting through asset disposition, 3RE manages the investment process including:
- Sourcing potential acquisitions through its many brokerage and institutional relationships;
- Modelling and underwriting the potential acquisition including in-depth analysis of historical operating statements, market dynamics, and supply and demand trends;
- Developing a business plan for the required renovation and repositioning including preparing the budget, selecting the contractors, and implementing a process and schedule;
- Closing on the acquisition with Limited Partners and Lenders;
- Managing the renovation and asset management process in concert with the initial goals and projections;
- Providing timely accounting, reporting, and draw processing to both lender and partners.
Historically, the 3RE Investment team has targeted investments across the risk spectrum, with a focus on each particular client’s goals. During the current real estate cycle, most of the team’s focus has been in the multi-family space, where steady deal flow and abundant loan financing have provided the opportunity for strong risk adjusted returns, as follows:
- Light Value-Add Assets: Newer assets typically require less capital investment and yet offer stable cash flow yields through professional management and light renovation.
- Moderate Value-Add Assets: Older assets, with more substantial renovation possibilities, offer opportunities to create value and asset appreciation through more significant capital investment and active asset and property management.